MGR REVENUE CYCLE SYSTEMS
ID: 7110583 (Ref.No. hlj_40055)
Posted: September 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Manager, Revenue Cycle Systems
- The Manager of Revenue Cycle Systems manages technology and application support for the capture, management, and collection of patient service revenue to achieve established objectives, promote quality, and drive business value while maintaining compliance with internal IT and external Moffitt policies and procedures.
- Oversees Revenue Cycle Systems staff – including Cerner consultants – to improve core clinical care delivery and protect the assets of the organization, enhancing and maintaining technology and data components of the revenue cycle process and overseeing the input of critical information required for clinical service and procuring payment.
- Manages design and implementation of solutions for related business applications.
- Identifies requirements, and drives all build, testing, go-live, and production support. Partners with Finance Revenue Cycle function to assess project objectives, feasibility, and scope.
- Works to ensure that Moffitt is making the best use of the organization’s applications portfolio.
- Leads all aspects of practice management and revenue cycle systems (functional, operational, and procedural) supported by technology – including data quality, education, and end-user support
- Manages all revenue cycle systems, applications, and processes – including management of Cerner Soarian systems and staff
- Manages application support of patient financials, hospital and professional billing, inpatient, hospital outpatient, and ambulatory access
- Supports strategy design, tactical planning, and workflow [re]engineering for revenue cycle processes. Manages the maintenance of revenue cycle applications and assures the effective integration and utilization of installed capability
- Develops and tests solutions for release – including system integration and performance testing
- Identifies and escalates project revenue cycle business requirements, budgetary needs, potential risks, and / or other critical issues to the Director of Business Applications for inclusion in the demand planning and resource management processes
- Allocates resources and provides inputs to inform practice management and revenue cycle system-related projects and tracks, monitors, and communicates resource availability to Director of Business Applications, assigning resources for approved projects
- Adheres to defined organizational policies, processes, and tools to ensure services are delivered to all Moffitt customers at the highest quality
- Develops strong working relationships with all customer groups to enable client satisfaction. Assesses customer feedback and ensures IT service delivery processes are efficient and cost effective
- Partners with the Finance Revenue Cycle function and end-user customers to optimize revenue cycle processes and coordination, and to identify current and future information needs and revenue cycle system opportunities (i.e., upgrades)
- Works with the Manager of IT Service Delivery to develop Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets for revenue cycle applications; responsible for achieving SLA targets
- Manages and develops Revenue Cycle Systems team members to enable success in their roles, building core technical skills, clinical awareness, business knowledge, leadership, communication, and customer service skills – including oversight and coordination of Cerner consultants. Facilitates 1:1 coaching with all direct reports, including development plan review and identification of training and learning needs
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires at least 5 years’ of experience in Revenue Cycle concepts, practices, and procedures, or healthcare billing fields, or in a related area.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with direct responsibility for managing multiple applications
- Progressive management and/or supervisory experience, minimum 3 years
- Experience in leading healthcare business applications selections, implementation, and tracking projects to successful execution.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, implementation, and support of revenue cycle applications in a healthcare environment
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets and writing and implementing department policies and procedures required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.