Assistant Supervisor (Sr. Food Services Worker) - Chick-fil-A
ID: 7111389 (Ref.No. ta222609)
Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position serves as a supervisor and will be responsible for preparation, production and/or serving of food items in Chick-fil-A. Will assist with processing payments, and will be responsible for training students and full-time staff, and holding team members accountable. Will determine work priorities and assign work to food service workers and students. Provides guidance and training in food preparation, serving techniques, safe operation of equipment and proper sanitation.
Plans cooking and preparation schedules to assure timetables are met. Prepares, season, cooks, fires and bakes food according to standard recipes following portion control standards. Modifies recipes and/or production amounts.
Ensures optimal quality of food throughout preparation and service.
Prepares food items for individual serving following portion control standards.
Determines food quantities, prepares estimates of time, labor and materials for assigned tasks. Oversees maintenance of inventory, food consumption and other food service records. Operates a variety of manual and/or automatic kitchen equipment such as ovens, grills, mixers,slicers, etc.
Handles operational readiness and safety of equipment and supplies.
Adheres to university and Health Department quality standards.
Advises supervisor concerning quantity and quality of food and supplies.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
***Normally, employees on a 5 hour shift receive a free meal. Uniforms are provided at no cost, but must be maintained by the employee.***
Required Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED or graduate of culinary school.
36 months of restaurant experience, to include 12 months in a supervisory role.
- Uses tools, such as knives, splicers, potato peelers, etc. and/or small kitchen equipment in a manner requiring reasonable proficiency, generally derived from previous training or during the introductory period. Skilled in the safe, sanitary, and effective handling of food, cooking utensils, food processing equipment, walk-in refrigeration, elevators, cash registers, dishwashers, time clock, etc.
- Performs addition, subtraction, multiplication, simple accounting, and division effectively enough to count change, when necessary, take inventory, serve portions, enter time on a times sheet, etc.
- Reads and interprets routine written materials, menus, instructions and e-mails. Communicates effectively, in English, orally and/or in writing.
- Understands and demonstrates Housing and Food Services core values at all times.
- Basic understanding of nutrition and portion control. Understands and applies time and attendance guidelines with ability to use systems to clock in/out.
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Basic math and computer skill.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Must be 18 years or older. Must submit to a background check. Perseverance, both physically and mentally, for fast-paced and demanding responsibilities required. Exposure to disagreeable conditions such as handling greasy, dirty materials, walking on slippery floors, walking or riding between buildings on campus, going in and out of walk-in refrigeration units, etc. Frequent and repetitive arm and wrist movement. Exposure to chemicals and noxious odors. Ability to lift objects up to 58 lbs, and push/pull up to 100 lbs, depending on job assignment. Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and adapt to a large kitchen environment with varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit). Climb stairs, as necessary, and depending on job assignment, occasionally to frequently. This will be determined by employee's assignment. As essential personnel you may be required to work during University closings. Nights and weekends may apply for any operations especially those operating 24/7.
- ServSafe Certification
Supervision of Others: Supervises a small staff
Supervision: Position receives general supervision from General Manager.
- Safe Food Handling and Sanitation Certification will be required within 30 days of hire.
- Hepatitis A Vaccine required
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides