Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
ID: 7111491 (Ref.No. ta222416)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Assistant Chief Flight Instructor of OU's FAA Part 141 and AABI accredited flight program under the Professional Pilot and Aviation Mgt - fly curriculum. Performs flight and administrative tasks assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor to support program students in flight courses/program. - Applicant must posses a current Class II or I FAA medical - Possess Commercial Airplane, Instrument, - Current CFI, - 50 hours instructor time - 750 hours Pilot-in-Command. Position also command's OU Faculty & Staff Support flights and teams to help oversee the 365 days a year OU flight laboratory (flight line and associated student flights conducted IAW FAA and OU policies and procedures).
Required Education: Bachelor Degree, AND:
- 24 months experience in aviation or military flight operations. Applicant must posses a current Class II or I FAA medical, Commercial Airplane, Instrument, Current CFI, 50 hours instructor time and 750 hours Pilot-in-Command.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months of experience
- Read and understand complex written materials such as blueprints, metrics or technical manuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Must be able to supervise staff and communicate directions and expectations effectively
- Must be able to create and deliver effective training presentations
- Composition and proofreading skills
- FAA certified flight instructor, single engine, and instrument airplane ratings.
- Meet 14 CFR exp reqs for Asst Chief Flight Instructor, private pilot, courses.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- As pilot exposed to outside elements of cold and heat and cockpit associated temperatures. Must be able to engage in repetitive motions, grasp, walk, hear including receiving detailed information orally, see including color, depth perception or clarity, pull, sit and stand.
Supervision: Team Leader
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.