Admissions - Recruiter
ID: 7111493 (Ref.No. ta222647)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Serve as a member of the OU Law Student Services and Admissions teams to recruit JD candidates. Administer programs for identifying and recruiting students; conduct tours of OU's Law Center for potential students and their families; visit law firms, schools, colleges, job fairs, and disseminate recruiting, admissions, and scholarship information as directed. Assist with administering the recruitment scholarship program and designing and implementing overall recruiting strategy. Make presentations about OU Law degree programs at job fairs, graduate school fairs, conferences, and pre-Law meetings. Conduct informational meetings at undergraduate schools.
Promote the OU Law JD program and answer questions from prospective students by phone, email, instant messaging, text message, social media and in-person.
Schedule and provide logistical support for informational meetings at various locations around the state and country, including the OU Law Center.
Other duties as assigned, including data entry and other clerical tasks.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND
- 36 months experience recruiting students for college programs, student services, or other closely related experience in a higher education environment.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 84 months related experience.
- Effective oral communication skills, including the ability to conduct effective interviews.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to compose and proofread professional e-mails, letters, and essays.
- Computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media.
- Must be able to create and deliver effective presentations to both small and large groups.
- Ability to work independently and exercise superior decision-making skills.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Frequent travel within Texas and nationally for multi-day recruitment events and conferences.
- 15% - 20% travel required.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, prospective students, faculty and staff.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to bend, lift, stoop and carry and engage in repetitive motions.
- Standard office environment.
- Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods.
- Extensive travel
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Requires contact with other departments and university officials.
- Willingness to work extended and weekend hours during peak periods
- University of Oklahoma degree.
- Juris Doctorate.
- Knowledge of University of Oklahoma departments and resources.
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.