Printing Production Assistant
ID: 7111494 (Ref.No. ta222639)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Printing Production Assistant will be responsible for assisting production by operating finishing and printing equipment, along with performing hand binding and finishing tasks to meet quality standards and customer deadlines.
Required Education: High school diploma or GED, AND
- 12 months of experience in printing or mailing processes.
- Work both independently and as a member of a team, from concept to completion.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet the changing demands of the printing industry.
- Good organizational and communication skills, verbal and written
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Exposure to physically demanding tasks.
- Lifts 50 lbs. or more occasionally, bending and stooping.
- Regular exposure to noise and odors.
- Experience in printing and bindery operations is preferred but not required.
- Warehouse or delivery experience is preferred but not required.
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.