Staff Research Assistant
ID: 7111498 (Ref.No. ta222614)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Oklahoma Clinical and Translational Science Institute is seeking applications for a Staff Research Assistant who will be responsible for providing assistance to a research staff by collecting data, keeping records, conducting literature searches, technical research, analyzing data, and preparing reports with minimal supervision.
- Conducts research and laboratory processing for research staff
- Participates in clinical research projects collecting data from patients and/or participants in a study
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects, which could include database information and/or hard files
- Conducts data analyses, interprets data, draws conclusions, and discusses with principal investigator
- Keeps detailed logs of all research related projects or activities
- Conducts literature searches
- Prepares various reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content that may be submitted for publication
- Constructs tests or assists in the construction of tests
- Collaborates with other researchers or colleagues
- Participates in meetings and presents research findings to fellow researchers and Principal Investigator
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a Biological Science, Chemistry, or Physical Science or related field.
Experience: 12 months research laboratory experience.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months equivalent experience in lieu of the Bachelor's Degree for a total of 60 months research experience.
Working knowledge of how to safely handle and dispose of biohazardous materials or chemicals following Federal, State, and University regulations and guidelines
Ability to analyze data and keep records
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
Physical: Standing for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Reaching, bending, and stooping
Environmental: Laboratory Environment. Exposure to biohazardous materials, chemicals, odors, and/or carcinogens.