Security Officer (Unarmed)
ID: 7111499 (Ref.No. ta222638)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Security Officer serves as an unarmed, non-commissioned public servant performing security assignments and enforcing university policy. May also assist with traffic control points, parking enforcement, and other duties as assigned.
Serve as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) by fulfilling training and reporting obligations related to campus safety protocols.
Required Education: GED/High School diploma
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Basic computer skills
- Valid Driver License to drive University vehicles on campus
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to speak clear and concise English; ability to walk, climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time; see well, including color, depth perception and clarity.
- Must be able to lift at least 62 pounds weight from the floor.
- Willingness to wear and maintain uniforms, including head covering. Must be willing to conform to department appearance standard.
- Must be willing and able to work overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- CLEET security guard certified
- First aid and/or CPR training
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.