Manager, Business Operations
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7111519 (Ref.No. 13162-en_US)
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Manager, Business Operations manages daily financial operations of the accounting and finance team of the Cancer and Hematology Center. This includes developing and managing operational budgets for TCH/BCM operating units, including annual budget. This includes development of reports and establishing financial controls and systems to monitor, verify and control expenditures. The Manager, Business Operations performs financial analysis and prepares specialized financial reports and dashboards. This position utilizes Microsoft Excel heavily; therefore extensive experience will be quite helpful. The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing is imperative.
This position is eligible to work a hybrid schedule.
- Develops/creates and manages financial reports for assigned cost centers/projects by running reports from SAP inclusive of Personnel, Supplies, Services, and Other expenses, composing an Excel spreadsheet/report.
- Oversees accounting/finance team for the Cancer & Hematology Centers, including direct supervision of 2 accountants, 1 financial analyst, 1 senior accounting specialist, and 1 coordinator of business operations.
- In addition, reviews and approves statements of accounts and invoices/purchase orders to philanthropic and operational accounts, and assists in oversight of post-award major gift management. This will also include preparing new templates for analysis and reports that can include pivot tables and v-look up tables to provide to the Director.
- Oversees the BCM/TCH Annual Budgets which includes accounting for cost and effort for faculty and staff across all org units. Reviews and approves financial transactions and entries, including shopping carts, travel requests, and financial transactions involving assigned grant accounts.
- Prepares reports and income statements, financial analysis of operational cost centers, as well as maintaining and managing budget principles, including understanding of debits, credits, accruals and costs/expenses is required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- MBA or CPA.
- Accounting experience.
- Experience in research finance.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.