Campus Recreation Program and Operations Coordinator - Temporary
Posted: September 27, 2022
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
Job DescriptionCampus Recreation Program and Operations Coordinator - Temporary
Job Type: Part time
Job Number: 2015-1603713
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Student Life
9/30/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Within the department of Campus Recreation at Saint Mary's College of California the ProgramCoordinator supports Campus Recreation is responsible for programs, initiatives and by assisting inthe management of the department programming and operations. This position is responsible forassisting in the day-to-day management of the Joseph L. Alioto Recreation Center.
1. Assists with the development, implementation, and assessment of events & programs forSaint Mary's College, Student Life and Campus Recreation.
2. Supervision of facility operations student employees which includes recruitment, hiring,training, scheduling student employees in the various programs and areas of campusrecreation.
3. Ensures compliance for areas including customer service, operations, membershipservices, reservations and events by all student employees.
4. Develop, implement and improve on recreational facility operations including, but notlimited to day-to-day operations, entry access, scheduling, use of fitness areaequipment, risk management, staff supervision and equipment inventory. Collect andmaintain accurate records of participation and other pertinent data.
5. Maintain accuracy in Fusion Software access system which includes training and use forall users.
6. Work with department managers to track incoming and completed projects. Providebenchmark statistics, analysis, and reporting on marketing outreach in relation tooutcomes for participation.
7. Supervise department marketing aspects and student leaders in effective strategies,techniques.
8. Develop, implement and execute all external communications, publicizing, andpromoting recreational facilities and events. This includes traditional and non-traditionalmedia outlets, website design and social media.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
* 1- 2 years of supervisor experience
* Possesses basic computer skills (Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
* Has the ability to work in a team and individually.
* Has applied problem solving and/or conflict management skills.
* Adobe Creative Cloud Experience preferred
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3487209
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.