Coordinator, Grant Management
ID: 7111998 (Ref.No. ta222651)
Posted: September 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Coordinator position will serve as the lead staff position for CIWRO/DGES grants in the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences (AGS) Grant Management Center (GMC) providing professional administrative support and financial grant management to facilitate provisions of services and resolve problems; provide expertise on grant/projec terms and conditions; supervise GMC team members; and be the liaison to key staff in OU's Office of Research Services, research Financial Services and CIWRO.
- Provide professional administrative support and financial grant management to facilitate provisions of service and resolve problems
- Provide expertise for all awards with an understanding of both special and regular terms and conditions
- Provide information and clarify policies and procedures per specific grant guidelines and OU directives
- Provide direct support to PI’s including reviewing proposals and budgets prior to submission and coordinating award personnel and payroll actions
- Assure compliance to grant terms and conditions of monetary awards
- Monitor expenses for allowability and allocability
- Perform specialized accounting statements prepared by GMC team to verify accuracy
- Supervise members of GMC accounting team
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND
- 48 months experience coordinating a large grant or contract program or project.
Equivalent/ Substitution: Will accept 48 months experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree for a total of 96 months experience.
- Effective communication with strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence colleagues at all levels with tact and diplomacy as well as handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion
- Solution-oriented and able to exercise sound judgement to solve problems within the scope of the position
- Accurate in developing and managing budgets, projecting expenditures, and managing recommended solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)·
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance and cost accounting standards
- Advanced Organization Skills
- Ability to perform multitasks and handle stressful situations
- Certified Research Administrator
- Experience with Peoplesoft Financial System
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.