Certification and Compliance Specialist
ID: 7112001 (Ref.No. ta222636)
Posted: September 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The OU Registrar Office works to bring in the next generation of Sooners. Our team operates from Norman as well as across the state, nation and world. We provide support to incoming domestic and international freshman and transfer students as they navigate the college application and decision process. Additionally, we partner with parents, counselors, and communities in providing resources to students interested in higher education. Our goal is to build a vibrant, inclusive community on campus by recruiting students with diverse backgrounds, educational experiences, and involvement.
We need someone who exhibits:
Integrity: Accountability for doing the right thing by exercising good judgment and honesty. Ability to create a safe
environment for students and families and team members, including having emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
Transparency and thoughtfulness in communication.
Care: Prioritization of creating the best experience possible for each person we encounter and at every step of the student
experience. Providing service to others by being friendly, approachable and inclusive. Commitment to collaboration and
to being a team player with a positive attitude. Inclusivity, which is the ability to work with a diverse group of people and
having the ability to relate and be relatable to all those we serve.
Intentionality: Strong work ethic and contribution to the excellence of the Division of Enrollment Management and OU; selfmotivation. Consistency in meeting deadlines and responding in a timely manner.
Innovation: Possession of a natural curiosity to learn and a continual pursuit of personal and professional growth in the
field of college enrollment management. A focus on innovation, displaying an understanding of positive change and
possessing a strong analytic ability. Efficiency by researching best practices, making creativity a priority.
- Maintain FERPA manual and answer questions from University personnel on maintaining compliance with FERPA
- Provide on-campus FERPA training as needed
- Manage every aspect of FERPA breaches, including coordinating with campus departments to draft and mail breach letters, contacting involved parties, maintaining detailed documentation of breaches, and working with departments to prevent future breaches
- Responsible for receiving, assessing, and granting requests for access to student records, to include analyzing each request to ensure the employee is given only the access required for his or her job duties, facilitating approvals, and entering access in Banner
- Removes access to student records for employees who no longer require access to complete their job duties or who have left their position
- Responsible for athletic certifications in various sports, requiring consistent and open communication with Athletic Academic Counselors, Athletic Compliance staff, and campus staff as well as a thorough understanding of NCAA, Big XII Conference, SEC Conference, and University guidelines
- Represents the Office of the Registrar on the panel assessing residency, including providing guidance on in-state reclassifications for continuing students and ensuring the panel is kept up-to-date on legislation and OSRHE policy regarding residence status
- Reviews annual state and federal legislation impacting the Division of Enrollment Management and prepares summaries and impact reports for the Registrar and VP of Enrollment Management
- Become an Oklahoma Notary
***The position will be located in Norman with a flexible hybrid option possible for experienced candidates after required training period.***
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business, Accounting, or related field, AND:
- 24 months of project management experience
Equivalency Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a totalof 72 months of related experience.
- Advanced organizati on and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgment when following broad instructions
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize workload
- Advanced level of analytical, evaluative, and constructive thinking.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Sit for prolonged periods
- Communicate effectively and listen.
- Use of a computer.
- Manual dexterity.
- Standard Office Environment
- Master's or Juris Doctorate
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.