Senior Scholarship Administrator
ID: 7112116 (Ref.No. BSU33791)
Posted: September 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance to manage and enhance institutional, Foundation, and private scholarship processes while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies.
- Serve as primary scholarship liaison to the Ball State Foundation; review student applicants and scholarship eligibility criteria; selection of recipients for OFAS scholarships; ensure scholarships are awarded in accordance with donors’ intent.
- Manage institutional scholarship processes; selecting qualified students for specific scholarships; maintaining scholarship databases, spreadsheets and internal reports; reconciling internal and external scholarships.
- Counsel scholarship students on scholarship usage, parameters, requirements, disbursement, university billing and study abroad.
- Repackage financial aid based on federal, state, and university regulations.
- Reconcile internal and external scholarships through various reports to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate annual Ball State merit scholarship renewal process and summer merit scholarship awarding process.
- Assign and review work, orient and train staff, and make recommendations in all areas related to supervision, including but not limited to interviewing and selection, compensation, discipline, performance appraisal and training and career development of personnel.
- Serve as lead campus administrator for Blackbaud Award Management (BAM) system; manage scholarship processing; design training materials; provide training for campus users; coordinate data exchanges and reconciliation between BAM and other systems.
- Review and update existing scholarship policies and procedures and make recommendations/changes to bring uniformity to scholarship awarding to improve the student experience and providing consistent, accurate and effective communication.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.