Posted: October 26, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Associate position (non-tenure track) with the Systems Software Research Group (http://www.ssrg.ece.vt.edu/) at Virginia Tech. The position involves investigating innovative system software architectures for emerging hardware in cloud and edge computing infrastructures, in particular those with heterogeneous architectures, accelerators, programmable devices, and I/O virtualization support, toward improved performance, energy efficiency, and security.
The position's responsibilities include:
- conducting independent research
- developing publications for journals, conferences, and workshops, and presenting papers at conferences and workshops
- PhD in computer engineering or computer science or a related field with a systems background. Systems is broadly defined to include operating systems/hypervisors, compilers/run-times, reconfigurable systems, and embedded/real-time systems.
- PhD must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
- Programming expertise with open-source OS, compiler/run-time, or reconfigurable infrastructures.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision