Director of Interprofessional Education and Practice
ID: 7114854 (Ref.No. BSU34431)
Posted: October 27, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Director will collaborate with academic unit heads and other college leadership, including the Director of Interdisciplinary Clinical Operations for the Interprofessional Community Clinic and the Director of the Simulation and Skills Labs to develop engaging and interactive in-person, virtual, and asynchronous learning activities. The Director will also oversee the Healthy Lifestyle Center, which is emblematic of interprofessional education and practice through its interdisciplinary training of students to deliver prevention and community health services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, disseminate, and evaluate interprofessional education (IPEP) education modules across the university and the local community.
- Convene, organize, and oversee an advisory strategic planning committee.
- Represent the College and University in professional IPE organizations and internal and external events.
- Plan and execute IPE events. Assist program directors and coordinators in assuring the quality and appropriateness of IPE activities to each involved discipline.
- Coordinate the strategic planning activities of the IPE Program; create a collaborative academic environment that respects, includes and enhances the diversity of thought, approach and inclusion.
- Explore and engage in funding opportunities for IPEP programs.
- Engage in overall vision and strategic IPE&P planning activities for the College of Health.
- Provide leadership across academic programs as a member of the College leadership team.
- Supervise graduate student(s)/student employee(s).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Teach courses as needed in areas of expertise and/or professional practice.
- Collaborating with regional colleges/universities and agencies on lifelong learning.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.