Assistant Director, Housing
ID: 7114910 (Ref.No. ta222669)
Posted: October 27, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Assistant Director of Housing Administration is responsible for leadership and direction of housing services including but not limited to occupancy management, marketing and communications, policy and contract compliance, administration of room and board and associated billing processes, arrivals and departures (early arrivals and late stays), and front office operations. This position directly supervises the occupancy management team consisting of a Sr. Student Services Coordinator for Occupancy Management and two Housing Assignments Coordinators.
- Responsible for maximizing housing occupancy and leading the housing occupancy team ensuring accurate and timely processing of room assignments, changes, meal plans and associated billing.
- In collaboration with Housing staff, establish and maintain appropriate timetables for housing application and assignment processes including a communication plan, dates, and deadlines.
- Authors, coordinates, distributes regular departmental communication, especially as related to housing assignments and processes.
- Coordinate with campus partners on the appropriate placement of special populations including exchange students, Henderson Scholars, Honors students etc.
- Collaborate with Assistant Directors of Residence Life to ensure occupancy management processes are effective and completed in a timely manner.
- Manage the exemption and release request processes and administer the residential boarding policy to ensure compliance with Freshman live-on requirement and contract terms and conditions.
- Monitor resident eligibility according to the terms and conditions of the Housing Contract and enforce the terms of the contract in relation thereof.
- Manage early arrival, late departure, and transition processes in collaboration with Facilities, Residence Life staff and campus partners as appropriate.
- On behalf of the Director of Housing, represent Housing and Residential Life at campus events and presentations such as New Student Orientation, Greek Preview Day etc
- Respond to and resolve escalated customer concerns using an ethics of care approach in all interactions with students, families, and staff.
- Contribute to marketing and communications plans and strategies including drafting and or review of mass communications and marketing materials.
- Chair and or participate on department committees as needed.
- Hire, train and supervise two full time housing assignments coordinators and the Sr. Student Services Coordinator for Occupancy Management.
- Act on behalf of the Director of Housing at their discretion when the Director is not available.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree, AND:
- 24 months as a manager in finance, accounting or business office
Equivalence/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months related experience.
- Demonstrated strong public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing to a variety of audiences including students and their families, staff, and campus partners
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and advocacy skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced office environment
- Strong computer skills including the ability to quickly learn complex software
- Ability to act with discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to function as a leader, educating team members and others on the usage of systems and services.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and choosing the most appropriate delivery method for the audience.
- Ability to set objectives, manage timelines, and see tasks to completion.
- Passion for the creation of positive experiences for students and staff.
- Excellent communication and conflict management skills are required
- Ability to accomplish work tasks without supervision.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must submit to a background check.
- Felony conviction for ANY of the following: drug distribution, sexual offenses (such as, but not limited to, rape or molestation), violence (including, but not limited to, weapons charges, assault, domestic abuse, etc.) or theft may preclude eligibility for hire.
- Regular exposure to meet productivity standards
- May be required to bend, left, stoop, sit for extended periods, and carry.
- Will be expected to use a computer
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Business Administration, Marketing and Communications or related field
- Three (3) years of experience administering housing assignments and/or managing institutional housing occupancy
- Experience using StarRez or comparable housing software system
Supervision: Will receive general supervision from the Director of Housing. Will supervise a small team of full-time staff members.