ID: 7115029 (Ref.No. ta223020)
Posted: October 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Serves as an apprentice position with a basic understanding of HVAC systems. Repairs and performs preventive maintenance on refrigerators, window air conditioners, freezers, ice-making machines, and air compressors. Performs similar routine tasks.
- Maintains refrigerators, window air conditioners, freezers, ice-making machines, and air compressors, gas fired furnaces, and split system equipment.
- Using pipe wrench, hammer, pliers, and assorted mechanical tools.
- Aligns motor and blower drive units, both pulley and belt type, and flexible coupling type.
- Maintains water pump.
- Reads simple electrical wiring diagrams.
- Soft solders, silver solders, and low temperature brazes tubing and piping systems.
- Services filters of all types, i.e., throw-away, washable, and roll-a-matic.
- Assists in maintaining the supply inventory.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required Education: High School diploma or GED
Required Experience: None
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Ability to use tools or equipment in a manner requiring competence
- Performs simple record keeping operations requiring logging
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License in order to drive University vehicles or ability to obtain within 30 days from hire date
- Certification for use of refrigerant recovery & recycle equipment
- Apprentice card or ability to obtain within one year of employment
- Climbing ladders and stairs
- Frequent and repeated bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Crawling under structures and through tunnels
- Working with arms extended above head and while lying down
- Carrying tools up to and/or in excess of fifty pounds up or down stairs
- Regular exposure to heavy lifting (up to 100 pounds), extreme temperature changes, and safety hazards
- Using repeated hand and wrist movements
- Loading and unloading truck manually and using forklifts
- Using good eyesight and hearing to prevent safety hazards
- Working in extremely disagreeable weather conditions on rooftops that exceed ten feet
- Exposure to odors
- Working with hazardous materials
- Some overtime required, including nights, weekends and holidays, including rotating on-call responsibilities
- May be designated as an essential position during emergency closures
- May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other emergencies
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.