ID: 7115030 (Ref.No. ta223009)
Posted: October 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Do you like to interact with the public and help them resolve their questions? If so, join us at the Center for Early Childhood Professional Development (CECPD) as our receptionist. CECPD is a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide many programs for the Child Care field throughout the State of Oklahoma. The Front Desk position is responsible for all front desk operations, including answering phones, greeting and directing visitors, processing incoming mail, submitting invoices, filing, and a variety of other support functions.
Required Education: High School diploma or GED, AND:
- 12 months office, clerical or receptionist experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook)
- Detail-oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to build rapport with guests, students, faculty, and staff
- General office skills such as multi-line phone, copying, filing, faxing and distributing mail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion and lift 30 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to sit, stand, and stoop for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively with frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines, busy periods and a high volume of public contact
- Ability to work independently
- Good organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform highly detailed work
- Ability to interact effectively with the university community, general public, and government agencies
- Ability to work effectively with frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.