Lead Administrative Support Specialist
ID: 7115247 (Ref.No. ta223061)
Posted: November 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position performs support-oriented job duties to a Department Head or Manager. Duties are complex and of an advanced nature, to include but not limited to maintaining files, scheduling appointments, managing inventory, typing, preparing reports and correspondence, distributing information, conducting research and computation, managing office procedures, assisting with budget preparation, and coordinating activities. Serves as a resource to other support personnel.
- Maintains office files that may be of a confidential nature such as patient or personnel information.
- Schedules various appointments for office personnel and ensures administrative details are completed. Makes travel arrangements.
- Receives incoming calls for office personnel and refers calls to appropriate personnel. Records messages or responds to caller with routine information. Serves as a contact person for employees or the outside public.
- Monitors and orders supplies for the office and completes requisitions. May sign associate forms as authorized by the supervisor.
- Responsible for typing and proofreading letters, manuscripts, lectures, grant proposals, and medical information. Reviews and responds to routine correspondence for the office personnel and sometimes in the name of the supervisor. Drafts replies to such correspondence with minimal instruction.
- Prepares various reports such as office supply expenditures and student or resident rotation schedules.
- Distributes various forms of information to office personnel such as mail or newsletters. Answers questions, provides information and handles complaints for internal and external customers.
- Performs statistical, business research, and routine computations that require knowledge of mathematics. Calculates service costs and issues service contracts for on and off campus vendors.
- Assesses office procedures and makes necessary changes in order to improve office functioning. Assists in personnel selection of the clerical staff. May assume responsibility for training, assigning and checking work of subordinates.
- Acts as the payroll coordinator for the department or assists the payroll coordinator by providing oversight. Collects time sheets, enters into PeopleSoft, tracks leave, completes ETR’s, and special pays.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets. Responsible for maintaining budgetary records and approving expenditures. Reviews billing from contractors and vendors, adjusts as needed. Issues cash accounts, credit cards, billing and equipment codes.
- Plans, coordinates, and expedites special activities or projects that require specialized training or creative thought.
- May supervise other clerical staff, to include but not limited to selecting, training and evaluating performance of assigned staff, preparing staff schedules and tracking time worked in the timekeeping system.
- Performs related duties as assigned to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 48 months office, clerical or administrative experience
- Advanced knowledge of oﬃce procedures
- Oﬃce management and customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Oﬃce Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to complete tasks in an eﬃcient and timely manner
- Must be detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Ability to multitask, be organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to work in stressful situations and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Physical: Sit for prolonged periods. Communicate effectively and listens. Engages in repetitive motion. Stand, reach, stoop, and bend.
- Environmental: Standard office environment.