ID: 7115250 (Ref.No. ta223039)
Posted: November 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position will lead the IT operations for the Training and Research Center, in support of our contract operational support with other departments and their contracts with Oklahoma Department of Human Services. It is over the entire IT Team for the department, including all support technicians, the helpdesk lead, and the Infrastructure Administrator. It works with the Operations Manager and other staff to ensure IT projects and acquisitions proceed correctly and are successful.
- Managing IT operations for the department and all its customers
- Interacting with partners in OMES and Oklahoma Human Services on IT operational delivery and cooperative efforts
- Ensuring department IT operations adhere to all required policies and procedures from University and partners
- Creating policies and procedures for internal operations to ensure critical operations meet contractual requirements
- Serving as highest tier for support for other IT Support Staff
- Working with classroom technology providers to determine and architect needed solutions for educational technology
- Working with and managing team to architect technology solutions to meet needs of operations
- Providing training to customers and partners as required on solutions
- Working with multiple parties on complex technology projects involving multiple stages and delivery efforts
- Serving as IT security authority for network and environment for the department
- Responsible for the design, development, and continued support of enterprise and wide area system capabilities
- Analyzes business and technology needs
- Working with customers on helping determine business and technology needs
- Develops, tests, and deploys collections of network components to meet customer requirements
- Provides consulting support to users and other technical groups in support of deployed technical solutions.
- Interacts with internal and external software and hardware providers in the deployment and troubleshooting of system errors.
- Provides documentation on new and existing systems in a manner consistent with existing practice.
- Provides mentorship within their respective area of expertise to other employees within the organization.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
- 36 months of experience in computer programming and analysis.
Equivalency Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 84 months of related experience.
- Windows Server Administration
- Network and Firewall Configuration
- IT management of services, systems, and support
- Project Management
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Drivers License required for multi campus meetings and on-call duties
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions.
- Must also be able to sit for short or extended periods of time.
- Ability to visit customer sites and operations to provide support
- Ability to interact with customers and staff to consult, manage and provide support
- Experience with State Agency IT (OMES and Oklahoma Human Services).
Supervision: This position has two direct reports (Infrastructure Administrator, Helpdesk Lead), and oversees the entire IT Team (10-12 staff).
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.