ID: 7115252 (Ref.No. ta223001)
Posted: November 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position supports the maintenance and management of all infrastructure and systems for the Training and Research Center. It works alongside an dedicated IT team, and coordinates with counterparts in OUIT and OMES to ensure contract operations for multiple units do not experience downtime, and helps resolve issues when they occur with network equipment, server room infrastructure, telecommunications, vendors, and other items related to the infrastructure stack of the operations.
- Monitors all critical infrastructure, ensuring normal operations.
- Periodic onsite evaluation of IT Equipment at locations in Norman and Oklahoma City
- Management of connectivity service provider vendor relations for multiple sites
- Performs corrective actions and coordinates with IT Team when problems our outages are detected.
- Specific management of VDI infrastructure, and Windows and Linux Server infrastructure
- Firewall and network device management
- Ensures critical equipment is maintained and schedules replaces and outage windows for preventative .
- Evaluates current IT systems, including hardware, software, and network features
- Responsible for analyzing current systems to find any flaws or inefficiencies. Assists with planning solutions to resolve all issues and ensures long-term effectiveness.
- Communicates with management and employees to determine system requirements.
- Assists with creating system guidelines and manuals
- Coordinates with IT Partners in external IT groups, including OMES, DHS, and OUIT
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
- 24 months experience as a Systems Analyst or similar experience.
Equivalency Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months related experience.
- Windows Server
- Windows Hyper-V and Remote Desktop Services
- Network Management and Configuration
- Experience with network capacity planning
- Experience with network monitoring and alert systems
- Knowledge of data modeling and data visualization tools
- Ability to work in stressful situations and tight deadlines
- Ability to critically think
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Sit for prolonged periods. Ability to engage in repetitive motion. Manual dexterity. Communicate effectively and listens. Ability to replace equipment in network racks, including switches, servers and UPSes. Ability to visit onsite locations to check on equipment.
- Experience with Oklahoma Department of Human Services or other state agencies, experience with OMES
- Experience with UPS equipment, switch management, network monitoring, and experience coordinating with telecommunications providers
- Experience with pfSense Firewall systems
- Experience with Meraki Network Switches
- Experience with NetXMS and Grafana
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.