ID: 7115338 (Ref.No. ta223067)
Posted: November 2, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
OU Office of Admissions & Recruitment (OAR) works to bring in the next generation of Sooners. Our team operates from Norman as well as across the state, nation and world. We provide support to incoming domestic and international freshman and transfer students as they navigate the college application and decision process. Additionally, we partner with parents, counselors, and communities in providing resources to students interested in higher education. Our goal is to build a vibrant, inclusive community on campus by recruiting students with diverse backgrounds, educational experiences, and involvement.
We're currently looking for a new team member in our Norman office to serve as an Admissions Counselor.
We need someone who exhibits:
Integrity: Accountability for doing the right thing by exercising good judgment and honesty. Ability to create a safe environment for students and families and team members, including having emotional intelligence and self-awareness. Transparency and thoughtfulness in communication.
Care: Prioritization of creating the best experience possible for each person we encounter and at every step of the student experience. Providing service to others by being friendly, approachable and inclusive. Commitment to collaboration and to being a team player with a positive attitude. Inclusivity, which is the ability to work with a diverse group of people and having the ability to relate and be relatable to all those we serve.
Intentionality: Strong work ethic and contribution to the excellence of the Division of Enrollment Management, OAR and OU; self-motivation. Consistency in meeting deadlines and responding in a timely manner.
Innovation: Possession of a natural curiosity to learn and a continual pursuit of personal and professional growth in the field of college enrollment management. A focus on innovation, displaying an understanding of positive change and possessing a strong analytic ability. Efficiency by researching best practices, making creativity a priority.
- Create strategy, alongside Associate Director of Oklahoma Recruitment, to ensure we are meeting the needs of the diverse population of prospective students OAR actively recruits.
- Review admission applications and make admission decisions for prospective students.
- Plan and execute events in designated territory to increase applications and yield.
- Routinely present to prospective students, families, counselors, faculty and staff to share the OAR brand.
- Sit on various in-office committees dedicated to strategy and recruitment of various populations to ensure the needs of students are being met in the recruitment cycle.
- Serve as the Chair of Rural Affinity Committee in OAR, managing the committee, the research, the communication, and events.
***This position will be located in Norman with a flexible hybrid option possible for experienced candidates after required training period.***
**This position is eligible to participate in our Launch Advancement Program and receive up to $7,500 upon completion.**
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
- 12 months of related experience.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 60 months of related experience.
- Ability to speak, read, and write clear, concise English
- Highly organized and has a keen sense of details when it comes to projects and deadlines
- Empathetic and strong initiative in leading others
- Willingness to work extended and weekend hours during peak periods
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Strong initiative to solve problems quickly
- Regular local and limited national travel and some evening and weekend responsibilities are required
- Keen sense of customer service and serving others
- Creative ideation and ability to train others
- Valid driver's license to drive to schools and recruiting events
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Physical:Ability to bend, lift, stoop and carry. Ability to engage in repetitive motions. Environmental:Standard office environment. Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods. May be required to travel. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Requires contact with other departments and university officials. Willingness to work extended and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Experience in higher education
- Knowledge of OU
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.