Senior Student Program Coordinator
ID: 7115339 (Ref.No. ta223063)
Posted: November 2, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer. We are lookiong for a Senior Student Program Coordinator to join our team. This position designs, implements, and manages designated student programs and services.
- Program Administration: Provide support for the program, and participate in decision-making
- Implement and manage program policies and procedures, special activities, counseling
- Manage student tuition waivers, enrollment, class scheduling, exams, grading, lab rotations, curriculum committee meetings, student files, student activities, and summer program activities
- Update application files; provide reports to committee and students as requested
- Assist with funding opportunities, grant writing and program data collection/analysis
- Assist with new program development
- Maintain website for GPiBS
- Create web-publishable forms
- Program Meetings: Schedule, attend, and prepare reports for the GPiBS Oversight Committee, Graduate Education and Curriculum Committee (GECC), and GPiBS Admissions Committee.
- GPiBS Liaison
- Interface with current and prospective students, faculty, alumni, and administrators
- Serve as liaison with Admissions and Records, OMRF, Student Affairs, and biomedical science departments
- Financial duties; Submits GPiBS bills for payment and works with the Graduate Dean’s Office on budgets
- Activity Coordination: Coordinate activities with institutions, counselors, students and professionals to facilitate proper functioning of the program
- Plan and implement special activities on campus for faculty and students.
- Recruitment: Coordinate activities for program recruiting; i.e. luncheons and visits to campus for prospective students, counselors, and faculty
- Attend off-site recruiting events on behalf of the program
- Create publications to be used for recruiting
- Develops promotional materials and marketing strategies.
- Admissions: Compile data for committee review, create applicant files, plan interviews, and arrange travel
- Track inquiries and applications received, accepted, denied, deferred, etc.
- Facilitates interviews
- Summer Research Programs: Assist Director and Assistant Director in Administration of SURP
- Serve as Program Coordinator for Summer Programs
- Participate in all aspects of the summer programs (applications, admissions, recruitment, activities).
- Maintain website for summer programs
- Perform various tasks as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writings
Composition and proofreading skills
Computer skills, including proficiency in navigating and maintaining databases
Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
Highly organized and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
Ability to communicate well and build rapport with students, faculty, and staff
Ability to read and interpret policy as well as State and Federal regulations
- Physical: Sit for long periods of time. Occasionally walk and stand. Ability to bend, lift, stoop and carry. Ability to engage in repetitive motions.
- Environmental: Standard office environment. Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.