DIR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
ID: 7115443 (Ref.No. hlj_41658)
Posted: November 4, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Director of Facilities Management provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the services provided by the Facilities Management Departments. Responsible for plant operations, major mechanical, buildings and grounds for Moffitt Cancer Center Hospitals, Research Facilities, Clinics, Professional Buildings and Properties. Actively participate strategic decision-making for the organization's master plan and development, major asset and asset component selection, standardization and procurement, selection and recommendation of contractors, subcontractors and vendors, all while serving as the leader for Facilities strategic initiatives. The position reports to the Vice President of Facilities and Support Services and has report accountability to the Office of Environment of Care and Emergency Preparedness.
The Ideal Candidate
• Extensive experience managing projects, large asset portfolios, and multiple site locations.
• Skill in examining and continually improving operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and programs
• Direct experience with TJC, AHCA, OSHA, NFPA and CMS
• Experience developing organizational master plans and development goals.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to communicate and interact with customers at all levels of the organization
• Employee mentoring, development, performance management skills and succession planning
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and to impart information to a range of customers
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management in a multiple cost center environment
• Outstanding interpersonal, community relations skills
• Ability to work flexible hours
· The position is responsible for but not limited to: administrative implementation, budgeting and forecasting, personnel (staffing, performance management, training and talent development), operational efficiencies and timely execution of organizational processes, programs and projects.
· Responsible for tracking, improving and maintaining Key Performance Indicators for the following: EUI (Energy Utilization Index), Asset Inventory and Management, Life Safety, Safety, Productivity, Budget, and Utilities Management.
· Ensures compliance with Joint Commission, ACHA, OSHA, NIOSH, NFPA, ADA and all other applicable regulatory organizations.
· Responsible for the administration, management and implementation of policies and programs for the organization covering the overall operation of maintenance and facilities functional areas including the maintenance of building and grounds, and all engineering and maintenance plant systems.
· Responsible for administration, operation and documentation of EOC Utility Management Policies for the following categories; promotion of a safe controlled comfortable Environment of Care, orientation and education of staff, utility systems preventive maintenance programs, statement of conditions, utility system inclusion computerized asset management PM systems, maintaining critical operating components of the utility systems, performance monitoring, emergency preparedness for utility failures, maintaining operational plans, utility risk assessment, fire/smoke barrier integrity and Mandatory Contractor Orientation.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Business required. Master's degree preferred.
· Current valid driver's license, must obtain Florida license within 6 months of hire.
· CHFM "Certified Healthcare Facility Manager" certification required.
• Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in facilities management roles providing strategic and tactical support for building management, architecture design, engineering maintenance, construction/re-development, and/or regulatory compliance; inclusive of seven (7) years' experience specifically in hospital/healthcare, research/clinical laboratory and/or similar direct patient care facilities operations.
• PLUS five (5) years leadership experience as supervisor, team/project lead, manager or above is required (may be inclusive of other experience).
o Master's Degree, in a health related field, will be considered "in lieu of" two (2) years of the twelve (12) years of experience in facilities management roles.
· Verifiable experience managing compliance with TJC as well as federal, state, and local health and safety regulations.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.