ID: 7115659 (Ref.No. ta223121)
Posted: November 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Facilities Management is hiring an Architect to join our Planning & Engineering team! The Facilities Management in-house engineers, architects, managers, designers, and trades, provide remodeling and renovation services throughout the University of Oklahoma. We proudly serve the University by supporting, preserving, and improving the campus environment.
The University of Oklahoma has been named one of Forbes America's Best Large Employers in 2022. Benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision, life) for the entire family, generous paid time off, 14 paid holidays (including from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day), retirement plans, tuition benefits, and much more! For more information about what benefits are provided click here.
- Provides Internal Design services for construction projects. Represents the University during all phases of design, programming, and construction of minor capital improvement projects.
- Coordinates with other University departments to define project requirements, serving as the point of contact for clients, vendors, and contractors on specific projects.
- Assists in the development of project requirements, drawings and specifications for projects.
- Develops construction drawings and specifications from space requirement studies.
- Inspects construction projects for building modifications to ensure work being performed conforms to plans and specifications.
- Provides direction and guidance to drafting personnel
- Designs capital projects, including meetings with users, consultants, contractors, University administration, and other departments. Translates project requirements into architectural/engineering design program.
- Coordinates design with the University's Department of Campus Safety on Construction Design
- Consults with University Departments to translate projected space requirements into architectural design programs.
- Works closely with Facilities Management's Project Managers, Estimators, and customers to develop scopes of work.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
**Qualified applicants must attach a resume, cover letter, and references.**
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
36 months experience in the field of architectural & engineering design or commercial or institutional construction.
Equivalency Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 84 months of related experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and evaluate construction drawings of specifications
- Ability to coordinate and organize goals and efforts of multiple constituencies
- Design software such as Auto CAD
- Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and Plangrid
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Valid Driver's License
- Licensed to practice architecture in Oklahoma or hold professional license to practice architecture in another state and be eligible to obtain a license to practice in the State of Oklahoma within six months.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to climb, including climbing ladders.
- Ability to crouch, crawl, bend, or stoop.
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Office environment and at project sites
- Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.