ID: 7115765 (Ref.No. ta223140)
Posted: November 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Publication Designer is responsible for layout and design of printed and online materials for the Professional Development Approval System (PDAS). This position coordinates with the curriculum team to develop materials for online and classroom curricula. The Publication Designer will work with the event coordinator to produce printed materials for PDAS events and conferences. This position will produce other publications as needed.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Graphic Art, Fine Arts, Marketing, or a related field, AND:
- 12 months of Graphic Arts or Desktop Publishing experience
Equivalency Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 60 months related experience
- Detail-oriented for accuracy of data and information.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of creative and digital media trends.
- Knowledge of various tools and equipment used to create media materials.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions. Light to moderate lifting is required. Use of computer and other graphic design tools. Sit for prolonged periods. Stand, reach, and bend. Ability to uphold the stress of a fast-paced environment.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.