ID: 7115766 (Ref.No. ta223147)
Posted: November 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Facilities Management is hiring a Hauler to join our Maintenance Services team! Facilities Management provides skilled labor for moving office, artwork, and laboratories, utilizing a fleet of trucks available, including enclosed, flatbed, forklifts, and dump trucks. We also provide furniture and public address support for special events across the University.
The University of Oklahoma has been named one of Forbes America's Best Large Employers in 2022. Benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision, life) for the entire family, generous paid time off, 14 paid holidays (including from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day), retirement plans, tuition benefits, and much more! For more information about what benefits are provided click here.
- Works under general supervision. Drives assigned vehicle for the purpose of transporting furniture, equipment, and/or supplies to various buildings throughout campus.
- Operates various vehicles for the pick-up and delivery of furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Inspects vehicles and reports problems. Makes arrangements for maintenance of vehicles.
- Practices proper loading and unloading techniques for furniture, equipment, and/or supplies delivered.
- Arranges and sets up furniture, equipment, and related items for university events and activities.
- Enters and maintains receiving tickets, delivery information for furniture, equipment, and/or supplies delivered.
- Completes necessary paperwork and reports.
- Uses established safety practices to protect the health and safety of people and property.
- May provide training or supervision to others performing similar work.
- May perform errands.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully the function of the position.
- May be considered essential personnel
Required Education: High school diploma or GED, AND
12 months of driving experience
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Excellent driving record
- Performs simple recordkeeping operations
- Basic computer and math skillsDetail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Customer service
- Ability to safely operate a large moving truck
Valid Oklahoma Driver's license in order to drive University vehicles or ability to obtain within 30 days from hire date.
- Regularly stands, lifts, bends, stoops, lifts above shoulders and carries 50 or more pounds.
- Regularly carry items long distances and up/down stairways
- Regular exposure to disagreeable conditions.
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes, odors and loud noises.
- May wear and maintain uniforms and work shift work.
- Some overtime required, including nights, weekends and holidays
- May be designated as an essential position during emergency closures
- May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other emergencies
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.