Lead Landscape and Grounds Specialist
ID: 7115769 (Ref.No. ta223148)
Posted: November 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Plans daily and weekly schedules for routine landscape maintenance
- Assigns specific tasks to landscape and grounds personnel
- Oversees and participates in grounds maintenance tasks such as planting, cultivating, fertilizing, mulching, trimming, weeding, irrigating, and pruning
- Uses portable sprayer to apply herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides
- Oversees and participates in the edging of turf around flower, shrub, and ground cover beds and along sidewalks
- Ensures safety of all personnel and proper operation and security of landscape and gardening equipment
- Orders and maintains materials and supplies related to the maintenance and repair of University grounds.
- Leads and trains other Landscape and Grounds employees
- Performs related duties as needed to successfully fulfill the functions of the position
Basic math skills
Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
Uses tools or equipment in a manner requiring competence
Communicates as required to exchange information and give simple instructions
Performs simple record-keeping operations
Ability to lead and train other employees
Physical: Exposure to physically demanding tasks such as heavy lifting of 100 pounds or more.
Environmental: Exposure to extreme temperature changes. Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions including in the heat and cold. Frequent exposure to chemicals and other hazardous materials. Some overtime, including nights, weekends, and holidays may be required. May be designated as an essential position during emergency closures. May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other emergencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.