Refuse Truck Driver
ID: 7115770 (Ref.No. ta223127)
Posted: November 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Responsible for operating front loading packer refuse collection trucks used for loading and disposing of refuse throughout the campus area. Performs similar, routine tasks requiring some organizational skills and the making of some decisions in the application of prescribed procedures and established standards.
- Drives truck following established routes and maintains collection schedules.
- Loads truck and disposes of refuse at landfill.
- Fills out necessary daily and weekly reports.
- Assures that truck is properly equipped, cleaned, and serviced.
- Performs minor maintenance and reports any needed repairs.
- Uses established safety practices to protect health and safety of personnel and property.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED, AND:
- 12 months experience in the operation of heavy vehicles.
Ability to perform basic math functions
Communicate orally and in writing as required to exchange information
Read and understand basic written materials
Basic computer knowledge
- Valid Oklahoma Commercial Class B driver’s license
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Regular exposure to disagreeable conditions, extreme temperature changes, odors and loud noises
- Regularly stands, lifts, bends, stoops, lifts above shoulders and carries 30 or more pounds
May wear and maintain uniforms and work shift work
Background and drivers license check required upon employment
- No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.