ID: 7115771 (Ref.No. ta223145)
Posted: November 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Transit Driver - OUHSC Parking & Transportation Services
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer.
- Responsible for providing bus, transit, small van shuttle service to employees, students, visitors, or patients
- Assures vehicle is properly equipped, serviced, and cleaned
- May perform minor maintenance/repairs and provide reports for services provided
- Operates vehicle while following scheduled routes and maintaining a time schedule in order to efficiently transport employees, students, visitors or patients around the campus
- Ensures transit vehicle is properly equipped, maintained, and cleaned
- Performs minor maintenance/repairs and constructs reports for services rendered
- Assists in the loading/unloading of the transit passengers and equipment
- Assists passengers with seatbelts, tie downs, and cautions of approaching vehicles
- May drive a lift equipped van
- Completes necessary internal, compliance, and accident report forms
- Schedules customer rides for transit buses/vans
- Provides dispatch services as rider needs necessitate
- Disseminates routine transit transportation information
- May speak to groups concerning transportation services
- Performs other duties as needed in order to successfully fulfill the functions of the position
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 12 months experience driving heavy vehicles, performing delivery services, or closely related service.</p>
- Good customer service skills with sensitivity to customer needs
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Performs simple recordkeeping operations
- Basic computer and math skills
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License in order to drive University vehicles or ability to obtain within 30 days from hire date
- Class B Commercial Driver's License with ability to obtain an air brakes and passenger endorsement. Not required for small van/shuttle drivers
- Physical: Good physical condition. Ability to lift 40 lbs. Ability to climb, crouch, bend, or stoop. Ability to push or pull.
- Environmental: Regular exposure to disagreeable conditions. Exposure to extreme temperature changes, odors and loud noises. May wear and maintain uniforms and work shift work.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.