DIR RESEARCH IT
ID: 7115878 (Ref.No. hlj_41745)
Posted: November 11, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Director Research IT
- Under direction of the Chief Application Officer, the Director of IT Research will lead all components of Research related initiatives to achieve established objectives, promote quality, and drive value for our Research partners.
- The Director of Research IT will work collaboratively with Research and the Center for Digital Health to architect, develop, deploy, and maintain products and services with a strong emphasis on innovation and value.
- This role will represent the Center for Digital Health in institutional committee meetings, councils, and user groups and will be expected to speak on topics related to Research, the Research community, and High Performance Computing.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have Master’s degree in an academic or healthcare organization.
- Interface with the Moffitt Research Institute (MRI) to educate and promote the relationship with the Center for Digital Health inclusive of research computing assets and their application as it pertains to the advancement of Research initiatives.
- Partner with the Center for Digital Health, specifically IT, to refine the functions needed in support of Research Operations.
- Partner with Research to apply and manage grants that directly support research computing.
- Lead strong teams that can partner with Research stakeholders in design, development, and life cycle management of Research Initiatives and Research Computing.
- Oversee application support team and the implementation, maintenance, and ongoing support of Research related applications. Lead and manage process development and operational decisions for the applications in support of Research related initiatives.
- Review and approve departmental budgets in partnership with the IT Business Office. Assist with contract negotiations with external vendors.
- Maintain expertise in research related information technologies and techniques, evaluate business needs, and find solutions for problems that impact the Moffitt Research Institute. Actively seek opportunities for process and business automation that can streamline efficiencies and generate non-clinical revenue.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of eleven (11) years’ experience in an academic or healthcare/research organization
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in an academic or healthcare/research organization
- Minimum of three (3) years in a leadership role.
- Experience in creating, defining, and applying technologies to support large scale research related initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, experience leading high functioning teams, and working as a member of a team in a matrix environment
- Experience with high performance computing and storage inclusive of backup and disaster recovery strategies, research systems and development, and the complex needs of research partners
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.