DIR RISK MANAGEMENT
ID: 7116170 (Ref.No. hlj_41581)
Posted: November 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Director of Risk Management of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Inc. (“Center”) provides leadership and vision for the strategic planning and management of an enterprise wide clinical risk management program in support of the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the Center. The Director of Risk Management establishes and oversees an effective risk management program intended to assess, evaluate, and measure the organization’s risks, and then manages and addresses such risks accordingly to help ensure the Center's financial and operational well-being. The Director of Risk Management leads the independent review and evaluation of potential risks, as well as actual occurrences to ensure they are appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved. The Director of Risk Management is responsible for hiring and developing a high performing enterprise wide clinical risk management team, and building an infrastructure serving the risk needs of the Center from a clinical, occupational, financial, regulatory, strategic, technological, and research perspective. The Director of Risk Management interfaces with the Corporate Compliance Department, the Quality and Safety Department, the Human Resources Department, the Medical Staff Services Offices, Patient Relations Department, Facilities Department as well as the various clinical and research departments to address and respond to risk needs. The Director of Risk Management is also responsible for tracking, inputting, and assembling data through the Center’s risk solutions database to uncover trends and perform collective risk evaluation, as well as making all appropriate and necessary reports to regulatory boards and the Center’s Patient Safety Organization Network. The Director of Risk Management also acts as an advisor to the Center’s CEO and the appropriate Boards of Directors by monitoring and reporting results of the enterprise clinical risk management efforts of the Center and providing guidance on risk-related matters. The position reports to the Senior Director of Quality, Safety and Risk Management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, diplomatic, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction in a manner that cultivates respect and influences positive behavior at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to partner and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and beyond.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Oversees and monitors the development, implementation, and effectiveness of the Center's enterprise wide clinical risk management program ("Program"), coordinates support of peer review processes for the Clinical Services of the Hospital and institutes and maintains an effective enterprise wide clinical risk management program for the Center, including promoting the use of the incident and near miss reporting programs.
- Coordinates support of peer review processes for the Clinical Services of the Hospital. Develops, coordinates, and participates in a multifaceted education and training program that focuses on the elements of the Program, and seeks to ensure that all workforce members are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent Federal and State standards at a level appropriate to their position in the organization.
- Develops and implements a strategic plan for the Program that aligns with the overall strategic plan of the Center.
- Coordinate all risk management activities, introducing an integrated framework for managing risks, and improving risk communication with internal and external parties.
- Serve as a liaison to external regulatory agencies for purposes of patient and physician reporting, event investigation and response, including Department of Public Health Board of Registration in Medicine, and/or AHCA, and ensure proper reporting to such entities.
- Oversees updating and effective utilization of the risk management database.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Program.
- Manage many diverse types of risk and appreciate their inter-relationship to the strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
- Performs other appropriate functions as may be assigned from time to time by the Quality Committee of the Board, the Medical Executive Committee, the Board, or Senior Management.
- Direct the investigation of all potentially compensable events (preventable adverse events).
- Monitors the performance of the Program and related activities on continuous bases and takes appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Participates in a variety of Center and/or community committees as requested.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or Juris Doctorate required.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) (must obtain within 1 year from date of hire or will accept Juris Doctorate in lieu of this certification).
- Certified Professional Patient Safety (CPPS) (must obtain within 1 year from date of hire).
- Experience with Safety Event Reporting Risk Solutions software.
- 10 years’ experience in Healthcare with clinical or risk management focus.
- 5 years management experience.
- Experience with Patient Safety Organization Reporting.
- Experience with Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Claims.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.