MGR PATIENT CARE
ID: 7116174 (Ref.No. hlj_41792)
Posted: November 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Patient Care Manager (PCM) is a registered professional nurse who has a direct impact on the care and services that patient’s and families require throughout their hospital experience. The PCM reports to the Director of Nursing and/or CNO and is responsible for the continual operation and performance of a specified nursing unit or service on a 24/7 basis.
The PCM uses critical thinking skills, creativity, and knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The PCM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The PCM is the change agent for the assigned patient care area and will be responsible for implementing as well as overseeing any changes that a nursing unit and/or service is required to undergo.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will the following:
- 3 years of progressive leadership experience in nursing
- BSN required; MSN preferred
- Critical Care Nursing experience
- OR experience as an RN
- Openly support and consistently communicate the mission of the unit/department and the organization.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate delivery of patient care and patient throughput for assigned patient care areas on a 24 hour basis.
- Ensure compliance with clinical patient care standards and established policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development of the clinical areas’ strategic and operational plans.
- Coordinate the activities of nursing staff with other hospital personnel; accountable for the effective and efficient operation of the unit and staff including ensuring that orders, treatments, plans of care, clinical pathways are being carried out in a manner supportive of patient care and recovery.
- Patient/Family Centered Care – Promote continuity of care between inpatient, outpatient, community and home care settings. Address clinical and service-related issues to the optimal resolution for the patient, family and organization. Collaborate and involve patient and family in all aspects of care, and ensure appropriate education throughout the continuum of care.
- Human resources – responsible for staff adherence to all Moffitt policies and procedures. Hire and retain competent staff. Mentor, develop and coach staff to optimize their skills. When necessary, use progressive discipline to align staff with the organization and department.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution
- FL RN License
- BLS Certification
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years progressive leadership experience in nursing
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.