SR MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
ID: 7116188 (Ref.No. hlj_38544)
Posted: November 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Hybrid - Remote Role
Senior Major Gifts Officer
The Senior Major Gifts Officer (SMGO) will successfully manage his/her own portfolio of individual donors and prospects. This work will ultimately lead to an increase in the SMGO's individual year-over-year annual attainment, thus the collective dollars raised by the Major Gifts Team. He/she will be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong multi-year Roadmap of solicitations, and a supporting Pipeline, enabling effective Foundation financial forecasting. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will be assigned as the Foundation's liaison to specific disease site(s), and will develop trusting relationships with the physicians in those disease site(s), as well as an in-depth knowledge of the disease site(s) assigned to support the growth of the grateful patient fundraising program, thus maximizing philanthropic giving. The SMGO will support the Director and AVP in the development and execution of strategies and accompanying tactics, including portfolio building and geographic growth.
- Meet or exceed annual goals and metrics set forth each fiscal year
- Continue to develop, grow and strengthen the liaison and grateful patient programs
- Partner with Donor Relations and other internal teams to support realization of personal goals/metrics as well as larger
- Foundation goals including growing the donor base and increasing the number of 5- 6- and 7-figure gifts
- Keep knowledge current regarding Moffitt's Institutional Priorities and focus fundraising efforts in support of them
- Maintain effective and professional communications internally and externally
Baseline Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 6 years in Major Gift fundraising and proven ability to close 5-6-7 figure gifts
- Minimum of 6 years experience working with other Development Teams to maximize performance (personal and of the team) Such as: Research and Prospect Management; Donor Relations; Gift Administration; and/or other key constituents.
- Proven track record of conceptualizing, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing major and leadership gifts on a consistent basis.
- The sophistication to work with senior Executives, Board members, Principal Gifts prospects, and other VIPs on occasion Deep understanding of the fundraising cycle, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, and managing a large, dynamic portfolio of prospects at different stages in this cycle.
- Excellent planning and goal-setting skills, and the ability to effectively course correct
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Team members (at various level in the hierarchy) to deliver maximum effective performance and results.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal .
- Experience building a strong culture of philanthropy throughout an organization, with knowledge, tact and diplomacy.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM database platform
- Experience in a Health Care organization or Higher Ed Setting
- Experience in a grateful patient fundraising setting
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.