Registered Nurse (RN)- IMPACT Psychiatry (TULSA)
ID: 7116670 (Ref.No. ta223281)
Posted: November 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Registered Nurse- IMPACT Psychiatry
Position information: Performs individual rehabilitation (skills building tasks), case management services, crisis intervention response along with sample collection, data and information gathering, medication administration, patient education etc.
- Provides support to cope with chronic or acute illnesses or conditions.
- Advises care givers, provides patient education and counseling, and makes referrals for other services.
- May also provide care and case management or interventions designed to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to healthcare.
- Provides individual rehabilitation to include teaching, educating, modeling etc, to build skills and increase quality of life.
- Collects in-depth information about a client's situation and functioning through client interview and other relevant sources to identify individual needs.
- May develop a comprehensive treatment plan that will address identified needs.
- May develop and implement action-oriented and time specific treatment plans by determining and documenting specific objectives, goals, and actions designed to meet the client's health and human service needs identified through the assessment process.
- Organizes, secures, integrates, modifies, and documents the resources necessary to accomplish the goals set forth in the treatment plan.
- Gathers information and documentation from all relevant sources regarding the treatment plan's activities and/or services to determine the plan's effectiveness in reaching desired outcomes and goals.
- Performs other duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
- Will provide crisis intervention services
- Collects samples from patients to include but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
- Prepares samples for analysis or shipment
- Takes and records various readings to include but not limited to heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, and body temperature.
- Follows up with patient appointments.
- Answers routine questions from patients, family, or caregiver.
- Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records.
- Under direction of physician or other medical personnel, administers medication to patients
- Provides educational information to patients, family, or caregiver.
- Responds to and intervenes in emergency situations
- Maintains procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste and drugs.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
- Physical: Standing for prolonged periods. Regular bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, and pushing. Walking, climbing stairs, getting in and out of vehicle. Speaking and listening.
- Environmental: Frequent exposure to odors and exposure to human blood, blood products, bodily fluids and potential exposure to infections or diseases. Community environment, weather, some office Environment.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in Nursing.
Certifications or Licenses:
- State of Oklahoma Registered Nurse Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of techniques needed to diagnose and treat illness or injury elated issues, to includes but not limited to treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health care measures.
- Advanced knowledge of (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).Ability to give full attention to what is being said and understand the points being made. Ability to ask questions when appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to deal with staff, physicians, visitors, vendors, and patients in a tactful, diplomatic, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work in stressful situations and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information.
- Well organized and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with students, faculty, staff, and providers.
- Ability to solve problems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.