Sooner Works Program - Associate Director
ID: 7116758 (Ref.No. ta223274)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The University of Oklahoma’s Sooner Works is a comprehensive integrated program for students with an intellectual or developmental disability who desire a postsecondary experience on a college campus. We are currently looking for an Associate Director to help facilitate this program to enhance this experience to all its attendees.
This position will work with the Zarrow Institute on Transition & Self-Determination and Sooner Works program on both the administrative side and supporting students in the Sooner Works program. The purpose of the Sooner Works program is to prepare young adults with an Intellectual and/or Developmental Disability for competitive employment and independence through a 4-year college certificate program.
- Spearhead all university, adult agency, and national coordination center-related contracts, documents, degree changes, MOU, etc.
- Advise and collaborate with faculty and staff in best practice guidelines when working with postsecondary education program participants
- Assisting other staff in Sooner Works with the postsecondary education program’s participants' scheduling, internships, and activities and facilitating ongoing communication with participants and parents.
- Provide academic instruction and daily support to postsecondary education program participants; teach at least one EDSW course per semester, including 360/person-centered planning with program participants on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the department, program, university, and Prek-12 Schools, including the ability to regularly attend recruitment training and program information sessions
- Disseminate and conduct research/data within the Sooner Works program, oversee IRBs related to Sooner Works. Attend local, state, national/international conferences to present research and other scholarly work. Participate in grant writing to support the program
- Performs related duties as assigned to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required Education: Master's Degree AND
- 24 months related experience
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 72 months experience in lieu of the Master's degree for a total of 96 months related experience.
Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
Ability to build rapport with students, faculty and staff
Ability to supervise staff and communicate directions and expectations effectively
Ability to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
Strong initiative to solve problems in a timely manner
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion
- Position will involve multiple meetings across campus
- 3 years working in related field (education, vocational, administration, higher education)
- Doctorate degree preferred
Supervision: Co-supervise staff within Sooner Works Program
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.