On-call Temporary Archaeological Crew Chief
ID: 7116932 (Ref.No. BSU34863)
Posted: November 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
On-call Temporary Archaeological Crew Chiefs. These Crew Chiefs will work for the department on a project-by-project basis. We have projects pending for imminent fieldwork. Join a team of experts as we Learn, Work, and Discover!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise reconnaissance survey, including surface collection and/or shovel test pit survey.
- Record standard field notes, including photographs, maps, and textual descriptions as appropriate. Verify accuracy of field records.
- Collaborate with team members to accomplish project goals.
- Perform, independently or as part of a team, test unit excavation in controlled manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Principal Investigator or Field Director.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.