ID: 7116934 (Ref.No. BSU34871)
Posted: November 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive scholarship/grant checks; compile and balance totals with the Bursar using the Shared Documents Deposit system.
- Adjust financial aid packages to include scholarships or grants from various university departments, government agencies and private organizations; input awards to the financial aid and accounts receivable systems.
- Evaluate institutional, private and Foundation scholarship requirements to determine eligibility of students.
- Communicate with students, parents and campus personnel regarding scholarship awards and university policies/procedures.
- Coordinate funding for students from China on the SINO program and students from Saundi Arabia in the SACM program; responsible for informing international students of university financial aid.
- Create, verify and document records and files for scholarship/grant programs from university departments, governmental agencies and organizations.
- Assist in the creation and assignment of all account numbers for scholarship and grant awards.
- Compose correspondence and communicate with outside donors for the purpose of verifying enrollment, requesting information, answering questions, supplying requested receipt of payment on scholarships and/or acknowledgement of charitable contributions.
- Process refunds in accordance with cash management regulations.
- Coordinate processing of federal AmeriCorps awards.
- Assist in preparation of Athletic Grant-in-Aid agreement letters for each sport.
- Utilizing Banner and Blackbaud Award Management (BSM), assist with reconciliation of accounts and preparation of billing reports for OFAS, the University Foundation and outside private scholarship agencies.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.