MGR DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING
ID: 7117275 (Ref.No. hlj_42013)
Posted: December 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
*New Moffitt McKinley Hospital opening July 2023
The mission of the department of Diagnostic Imaging is to provide quality images and treatment to patients in a compassionate and efficient manner. Under the direction of the Chairman of Radiology and the Division Administrator, the Radiology Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of assigned modalities within the Imaging Services Department. This position will effectively maintain a system of monitoring the quality, safety, productivity and the appropriateness of services provided to achieve the best individualized care possible for all patients based on age appropriateness care.
- Has a bachelor’s degree
- Is a graduate of a JCERT accredited school of Radiologic Technology, school of Nuclear Medicine or school of Ultrasonography.
- Is ARRT, CNMT or ARDMS registered
- Has a current Florida State License
- Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a radiology field
- Can demonstrate knowledge of radiology principles as they apply to the daily operations of a radiology department, including correct and adequate positioning skills and procedure protocol knowledge
- Has complete working knowledge of radiographic equipment
- Has experience coordinating and performing procedure scheduling as it pertains to patient preparation, orders, and proper resources
- 3 years prior supervisory experience would be preferred
Credentials and Qualifications
- Understands the principles required to establish charges, CPT coding, quality assurance monitoring, JCAHO preparation, and radiation safety regulatory requirements.
- Has the ability to collect, analyze, and distribute statistical reports in preparation for budgets.
- Understands the principles of computer systems and how they apply to the daily operation of Radiology and maintains a current knowledge of new methods in the field.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to make decisions in a critical and fast-paced environment.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.