Student Services Coordinator
ID: 7117360 (Ref.No. BSU34943)
Posted: December 6, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
1. An equivalent combination of two years of education and related experience in student services, office administration / secretarial work, or related field OR
2. Two years of related experience in office administration / secretarial work, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of systems such as Degree Works, Self-Service Banner, EAB Navigate, and Argos.
- Experience working in higher education student affairs or admissions and enrollment management.
- Experience working with college or high school students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Director of Student Services, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting minutes/agendas/handouts, assisting with data collection and report preparation, routine email and other correspondence, and processing purchase requests; developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with faculty and staff in the College and across the university.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment in the CoH Office of Student Services. Serve as a receptionist by greeting students, visitors, and callers along with referring callers to the proper administrator or department/school.
- Assist with college-wide and university student success initiatives for admission and retention, including registration events, open house, and commencement events.
- Assist in developing and monitoring a volunteer Student Ambassador program.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates, and schedules as they relate to Student Services to ensure compliance with established deadlines.
- Ensure security of confidential and sensitive student files, information, and reports.
- Assist in data gathering and analysis for student success activities.
- Manage inventory of educational and promotional materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.