Director of Human Resources Operations
ID: 7117379 (Ref.No. 1015796)
Posted: December 6, 2022
Application Deadline: January 6, 2023
Director of Human Resources Operations
The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) College of Pharmacy seeks a Director of Human Resources Operations. The College of Pharmacy, with campuses in Chicago and Rockford, is the #1 college of pharmacy in the state of Illinois and the #7 college in the US ranked by US News & World Report. More information about the College can be found at https://pharmacy.uic.edu This position is responsible for designing and implementing human resource services to support college units. The Director will be responsible for leading and supporting the human resource (HR) associates across the College in support of operational efficiencies and will serve as a member of the College’s Administrative Affairs leadership team. The Director will develop and implement strategic planning and annual goals in support of HR department operations. This position provides leadership and exercises independent judgement in the performance of designated responsibilities.
• Provide leadership to departmental human resource operations focused on human capital management, mentoring and counseling, mediation and negotiation, organizational and employee development, and performance management.
• Advise college units on human resource policy and procedures; provide oversight and monitor college units in maintaining compliance and HR responsibility; maintain compliance with university, state, federal and professional standards.
• Develop human resource process training materials for department HR staff. Manages an intranet training site to host all training and resource materials.
• Establish benchmarking and other data analytics to evaluate HR performance and efficiencies in monitoring department HR operations. Prepares reports on topics such salary equity, compression and market adjustment reviews, labor and economic data, trends and forecasting.
• Hire, train, develop and lead department staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
• Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs and the Assistant Dean for Human Resources in providing support for staff recruitment and compensation. Initiate or review recruitment and staffing processes for open faculty, staff and other types of open positions within the College.
• Assist with the development and implementation of college human resource policies and best practices to streamline processes, improve critical communications and facilitate continuous HR process improvement.
• Initiate, review and route College HR transactions including, but not limited to employment transactions, payroll and payroll problem resolution, searches/waivers, job descriptions and other HR generalist duties.
• Initiate or review the full university life cycle of recruitment/staffing processes for open faculty, staff (AP/CS/Post Docs), graduate and undergraduate students and extra help open positions within the college using applicable HR systems.
• Provide professional expertise and remain current with developments in federal, state, local and university, laws, regulations and policies in the HR field affecting staff issues.
• Advise on and process leaves of absences including FMLA, SURS disability, Administrative, Unpaid, etc.
• Serve on key college and campus committees.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of five years’ experience required as a human resource associate preferably in higher education administration.
Demonstrated leadership in the area of human capital management; compliance; critical and analytical thinking; creativity and innovation and strong decision-making skills required.
Demonstrated knowledge of human resource policies and procedures and systems required.
Demonstrated knowledge of human resource systems and data analytics.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Salary range ($90,000 – $110,000) is competitive and commensurate with experience. Interested candidates must complete the university’s online application and should attach a cover letter and current resume. Contact information for three professional references must be entered directly into the online application. For fullest consideration, submit all required application materials by January 6, 2023 to :.
Please note, applications may not be changed once submitted unless it is withdrawn and reapplied.
Applications and all supporting documents should be uploaded before the posting close date.
The position is eligible for hybrid remote/onsite work as determined by the college and defined by University policy. Information on the University Telecommuting/Remote Work Policy is located at: https://today.uic.edu/telecommuting-remote-work-policy/
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.