Director of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Compliance
ID: 7117758 (Ref.No. 23D400054)
Posted: December 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Rider University invites applications for the Director of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Compliance. Guided by the University’s commitment to maintaining an academic, social, and work environment free of harassment, discrimination or inequitable treatment in a diverse population of students, faculty and staff that make up our community, the Director of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Compliance will provide support to the University community in creating a safe and respectful educational and employment environment by addressing instances of discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct through investigation, formal and informal problem solving and education.
Specifically, the individual will be responsible for:
- overseeing the investigation and resolution of matters arising under Title IX and the University’s policies against discrimination and harassment;
- developing and delivering education and training programs to prevent misconduct and assure equal access to all University programs and activities;
- managing the day to day tasks associated with the operations of the Office of Title IX and Equal Opportunity including the status of investigations and providing guidance and support to all equal opportunity matters including civil rights issues, Title IX matters, and ADA/504, along with providing institution-wide support to assure continued compliance with Clery Act, VAWA, ADA and other federal and state anti-discrimination laws, regulations, guidance and requirements;
- under general supervision from the Chief Diversity Officer/Title IX Coordinator, and working collaboratively with Human Resources, Student Affairs, Public Safety, legal counsel, managing the implementation of, and coordinating and monitoring compliance with institutional policies related to non-discrimination and harassment; and
- remaining current with Title IX related developments and keeping abreast of current federal and state laws, regulations and policies related to discriminatory practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of seven years of experience in Title IX in higher education, law, student conduct or related field
- Experience working in a college campus environment
- Experience and/or training in responding to complaints of sexual harassment and sexual violence as well as complaint investigation and resolution
- Demonstrated knowledge of Title IX and related regulations
- Experience with issues related to gender based violence
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated cross cultural competency
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Advanced degree in a related field
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.