Technical Director, Theaters
ID: 7118800 (Ref.No. D2020221)
Posted: December 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Working hours are mostly business hours but do include extended, evening and weekend hours as necessary to support the productions, technical rehearsals, and strikes.
This position will require a background check before the final hiring process is complete.
• Three years experience as a Technical Director or five years experience as an Assistant Technical Director.
• Demonstrated experience in carpentry, properties, and rigging
• Demonstrated experience in manual or CAD drafting.
• Demonstrated general theatre knowledge.
Demonstrated ability to interpret designers’ work.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism at all times..
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and supervise staff and students.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and the ability to approach challenges collaboratively.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work quickly and accurately with attention to detail, maintaining a positive attitude in fast-paced and rapid-changing environments.
• Knowledge of a variety of construction and rigging techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to work in high spaces from ladders and aerial lifts.
• Able to lift 75 lbs.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.