Senior Coordinator, Program Management
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7119832 (Ref.No. 14276-en_US)
Posted: January 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Senior Coordinator, Program Management will provide a moderate to advanced range of program coordination functions as well as the planning and execution of the educational mission, functioning as liaison at the college level and with outside agency personnel. The increasing scope and complexity of duties requires the ability to effectively multitask and manage many personality types. Prioritizing, working independently and meeting important deadlines is critical as well as exhibit effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). This position will also manage fellow education including providing direction and oversight for training activities (including administrative, educational and financial issues)
Position will offer the flexibility of a hybrid work arrangement after 90 days.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of an education program.
- Coordinates the trainee recruitment process and on boards new trainees.
- Serves as a liaison for the education program with Undergraduate Medical Education (UME)/Graduate Medical Education (GME)/the Graduate School for Biomedical Sciences/the School of Health Professions/Student Affairs, internal departments, applicable external agencies, or trainees.
- Schedules or coordinates lectures, evaluations, meetings, rounds, exams, seminars, training rotations, electives or special electives, duty/call schedules, ceremonies, or events.
- Creates, monitors, and tracks documentation of training and educational activities; may assist with grade or evaluation collection and submission.
- Processes all aspects of educational appointments and reappointments in compliance with departmental and institutional policies, government regulations, and appropriate oversight agency requirements.
- Reviews records and reports of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective.
- May conduct formal training or instruction in a classroom setting.
- Responsible for arranging all event activities pertaining to onboarding and orientation.
- Provides administrative support for the program director or other faculty, including maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies,and preparing correspondence.
- May manage multiple education programs.
- Assists in creating educational materials.
- Submits and tracks educational grant applications.
- Provides assistance and training to lower-level employees.
- May delegate tasks to others or is responsible for review of work.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience with ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) or GME (Graduate Medical Education) Experience, or UME (Undergraduate Medical Education)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well within a team.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.