Research Technician II
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7119848 (Ref.No. 14301-en_US)
Posted: January 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Genomic and RNA Profiling (GARP) Core Facility Research Technician II (RTII) assists in the operation of the laboratory by performing specialized tasks involving genomic profiling technologies that includes PCR, NanoString digital assays, and next generation sequencing. The technician is responsible for the set up and operation of various instruments and processing samples for users of the GARP. The RTII is responsible for basic molecular lab duties and interacts with various research areas by providing genomic profiling expertise to augment ongoing research.
- Performs genomic profiling that includes sample quality assessment, NGS and other technologies in the laboratory.
- Participates in sample processing for the customer service requests.
- Operates and maintains instrumentation.
- Operates sequencers and other smaller lab instrumentation.
- Handles and processes a variety of sample types for profiling.
- Handles RNA and DNA samples
- Maintains an organized lab inventory.
- Completes record keeping accurately and adheres to safety regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in biology, chemistry or life sciences or a Bachelor of Arts (BA).
- Experience in a laboratory environment is desired.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.