Part-Time E-Alert, Retention and Outreach Specialist - FY 2023
CSN - Charleston Campus, NV
ID: 7121294 (Ref.No. R0134624)
Posted: January 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
College of Southern Nevada
E-Alert, Retention and Outreach Specialist
Engelstad School of Health Sciences
Engelstad School of Health Sciences
Non-Instructional Professional, part-time employee
Funded through State operating budget
Position Purpose: The Retention and Outreach Specialist (ROS) will connect with students who would otherwise be at risk of not completing the requirements to pursue a college degree, and/or competing a degree.
The ROS’s essential responsibilities will be to handle student E-alerts, retention, student reinstatement requirements and assist students who have declared Health Sciences as the area of study they wish to pursue.
The ROS will coordinate and collaborate with Health Programs Advisors, faculty advisors and Institutional Research to triage students and refer to wrap-around services, college mentoring, early alert support services, and essential online resources.
Supervisory and Other Relationships:
The Retention and Outreach Specialist (ROS) works under the direction of the Dean of the School of Health Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively outreach to engage or reengage students who would otherwise be at risk of not completing their college degrees.
- In coordination with Academic Counselors, make outbound calls, send mass emails and or text messages to students based on assigned caseload .
- In coordination with Academic Counselors, provide accurate, and timely student-specific assistance, , feedback, and support to students concerning their engagement and reengagement with CSN.
- Connect students to campus resources and wrap-around support services to help ensure successful re-engagement, retention and program completion.
- Provide students with information on the Department of Financial Aid, FAFSA, SAP appeals.
- Remove registration holds, review MyCSN communications, review HPA and faculty advising notes
- Ability to handle sensitive and extensive confidential data and work independently according to established schedules and to complete outbound calls, as per defined timelines.
- Provide excellent customer service and timely response to student questions and inquiries received via phone and email.
- Apply knowledge of modern office practices and understand, interpret, and apply college policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned that will support the engagement and reengagement of students enrolled or previously enrolled.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with two (2) years of retention
or related experience at a college or university setting
- Experience in student development/engagement, academic advising, and working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Utilization of technology to enhance student retention and success.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred, not required)
19.5 hours per week, on the West Charleston campus
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
NSHE INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned, and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
For more detail on this position, please visit our website at https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CSN-External.
CSN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. For more information, Visit https://www.csn.edu/nondiscrimination
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date04/1/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.