Facilities Technician - Weekend Shift
Posted: January 20, 2023
Application Deadline: January 29, 2023
Salary: $27.40 - $28.84 Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2015-1603641
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Physical Plant
1/29/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Shift: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00-5:00
The role will be responsible for responding to general mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and carpentry needs on the Saint Mary's College campus. This can include repairing and maintaining equipment, plumbing, physical structures, machinery, and electrical wiring and fixtures. The role requires a focus on customer service with the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and responsive. The Facilities Department will provide proper tools, opportunities for training and growth, uniforms, benefits, and paid vacation.
1. Respond to campus work orders to include general maintenance that requires the use of basic equipment to repair and maintain campus machinery, equipment, and property. This can include repairing heating/cooling and ventilation equipment, electric motors, pumps, bathroom fixtures, furniture, etc. Diagnoses malfunctions and repairs as appropriate. May require work on roofs, in attics, or on ladders.
2. Assists with construction and operational maintenance as needed, performing preventive maintenance as assigned.
3. Assist with routine facility and equipment inspections. Monitors cleanliness of campus facilities, equipment, and spaces. Follows OSHA, College, California, and Federal guidelines, standards, and procedures. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
4. Documents issues and details performed maintenance according to established policies and procedures. Communicates with departmental personnel. Maintains departmental records for repairs and future service needs.
5. Performs or assists with distribution of deliveries and simple installations. Sets up and tears down equipment for events as requested.
6. Assists with inventory and relocation of campus equipment as requested.
7. Other duties as assigned, which includes, but is not limited to being available for the on-call rotation.
Experience and Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: Apprenticeship program or technical training
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Skills/Abilities: Prefer experience with electrical, HVAC, plumbing, controls, electrical, and/or carpentry.
Licenses & Certification:
Required: Valid California Driver's License
Preferred: Experience or license for any of the following: electrical, HVAC, controls, plumbing, or related. Additional compensation available for licensed personnel.
Other Requirements: (e.g., travel, weekend/evening work): Weekend and flexible work. Facilities employees are considered critical employees and will be required to assist Saint Mary's College in the event of campus emergencies.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/. Your application is considered complete if you include the following:
• Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the Mission of the College
• The name and contact information for three (3) professional references
• Consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, see the website here http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3816606
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.