Assistant Director, Video Content
ID: 7121723 (Ref.No. ta230177)
Posted: January 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Assistant Director – Video Content (Producer) position within SoonerVision reports directly to the Director of Production and serves multiple sports with multiple roles within the department. The Producers are creative content creators for video platforms, serving in roles for live game productions, studio productions and digital content creation. Within those platforms, the Producers are tasked with creating engaging content that drives fan affinity, pushes ticket sales, generates engagement and advances the recruiting efforts of the Athletic Department.
The Producer serves as the lead producer for digital content for several sports within the Athletic Department as assigned. Within this role, the individual would be responsible for the creation of all public-facing digital content to drive fan engagement, ticket sales, team affinity and brand empowerment. The ideal candidate would showcase a high creative ceiling with an ability to pioneer new ventures in keeping with current digital trends.
Further, Oklahoma has an agreement with SoonerVision on ESPN+, which will serve as the main platform for broadcast content. In support, the Producer is expected to produce live games for all of Oklahoma’s athletic programs in both lead and ‘line-producer’ roles for shows on ESPN+. During these productions, the Producer also serves as the leader of the entire crew, managing and training the student staff in a high-stress environment. In addition to live game production, studio programming will be expected as needed.
In addition, the Producer serves a critical role in supervising and managing students within the Production Assistant ‘Sports Contact’ program. The Producer is expected to lead the organization and execution of elements for the sports as the main point of the contact by assigning projects to student content creators. While shepherding these students, the content for the sport programs is filled while training the undergraduate students within their roles. In conjunction with the ‘Sport Contact’ program, it is the primary responsibility of the Producer to ensure that their assigned sports received full and fair coverage of their programs in both internal and external capacities.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Videography, Communications, Broadcasting, or related field.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment that often requires irregular hours, nights, weekends and travel
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communications skills
- Proven ability to build relationships, collaborate and work effectively with diverse constituents
- Detail-oriented for accuracy of information, data, grammar and brand standards
- Video and/or audio editing skills
- Ability to use any type of video capturing equipment
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to stand, engage in repetitive motions, walk, communicate, hear and see, including color, depth perception and clarity.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects over 79 pounds.
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License in order to drive University vehicles or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date.
- After Effects, Adobe Premiere and post-production gear such as DSLR’s, SLR lenses and Sony & Canon cameras.
- 2+ years of industry experience in broadcast industry or functional equivalent as a student-worker, part-time or full-time capacity.
- Previous experience working in a college or professional sports environment.
- Strong initiative, goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Working knowledge of university, conference and NCAA rules.
Supervision: Student Group
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.