Administrative Assistant- TULSA
ID: 7121726 (Ref.No. ta230143)
Posted: January 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Administrative Assistant- TULSA
Under direct supervision, performs entry-level administrative support-oriented job duties, to include but not limited to resolving routine questions and problem, filing maintenance, scheduling appointments, reception, inventory management, typing, report preparation, and correspondence.
- Job duties are clearly defined using standard methods and routines to accomplish tasks.
- Maintains office files that may be of a confidential nature.
- Schedules various appointments for office personnel and ensures administrative details are completed.
- Receives incoming calls for office personnel and refers to appropriate person.
- Records messages or responds to caller with routine information.
- Serves as a contact person for other employees or the outside public.
- Provides information regarding location or availability of materials, resources and services.
- Monitors and orders supplies for the office and completes requisitions.
- Responsible for typing correspondence, manuscripts, lectures, grant proposals, and medical information.
- Reviews and responds to routine correspondence for the office personnel.
- Prepares various reports, to include but not limited to office supply expenditures and student or resident rotation schedules.
- Makes copies and assembles materials.
- Opens, routes, and prepares incoming and outgoing mail. May run errands for the department.
- Performs related duties as assigned to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
- Working with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Physical: Sit for prolonged periods, Communicate effectively and listens. Engage in repetitive motion, Use of computer and telephone, Stand, stoop, bend, and reach.
- Environmental: Standard office environment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Required: 12 months office, clerical or administrative support experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of office procedures.
- General office and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Must be detail oriented for accuracy of data and information.
- Ability to multitask, be organized, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.