Senior Manager, Research Operations
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7121736 (Ref.No. 14470-en_US)
Posted: January 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Cardiovascular Clinical Research Core (CVCRC) at Baylor College of Medicine’s Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology, is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager, Clinical Research to work in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas! The CVCRC is a growing and fast-paced research core with the focus on studies in pediatric cardiology, which include clinical trials and grant funded projects. Provides oversight and support for the administrative and financial operations of research studies and clinical trials in Pediatric Cardiology.
- Manages and oversee activity of the research core team; Supervise, recruit and onboard CVCRC staff; make staffing decisions in collaboration with executive leadership to assure sufficient staffing, set goals and train to provide readiness for assigned job duties.
- Manages coverage of all current and incoming requests for research staffing in Cardiology
- Performs annual performance reviews: direct CCRC employee engagement, coaching and development as related to performance and work to strengthen retention of team while creating an effective and collaborative work environment. Work with Human Resources department, as needed, to align with all College policies and procedures.
- Approves and manage time out of office for all research staff, including appropriate FMLA, vacation and sick time.
- Sets-up research volunteers with access on both BCM and TCH side; collaborate with faculty to find seating for volunteers
- Supervises timely set-up of new grant accounts; effort reporting (ERS), carryover requests, FTE allocations, grant closeouts, no-cost extensions (NCE’s), renewals, regulatory and IRB compliance, and progress reports.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Strong knowledge of the Clinical Trial Management System (BCM) to set-up clinical trials.
- Experience negotiating industry sponsored clinical trials and with federal, state and foundation research administration.
- Knowledge of Baylor College of Medicine’s SAP, SRM and PEPT
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.