Behavioral Health Specialist
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7121738 (Ref.No. 14444-en_US)
Posted: January 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Behavioral Health Specialist will provide assessment and therapy services to children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral concerns who attend area school districts. More specifically, the individual will be responsible for providing evidenced-based care to children, adolescents, and family members in need of quick access to mental health services. This position will reside in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences under Dr. Laurel Williams and will provide assessment and therapy services to youth in collaboration with the program providers of Baylor College of Medicine - Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences and community partners.
- Provide assessment for and treatment of behavioral health problems for children and adolescents in a telehealth format.
- Develop treatment plans with patients and families to address mental health problems.
- Provide therapeutic interventions for mental health problems.
- Provide case coordination and care management when needed.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of patient progress.
- Consult with psychiatrists and other care team members regarding patient care responsibilities.
- Complete required documentation and statistical reporting in a timely manner.
- Attend center staff meetings, program and department meetings as required.
- Provide educational presentations to school district personnel, parents, and students.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology.
- No experience required.
- Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), or Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPC-A).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.